Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Loving the new area

Hey mom!

Thanks for the pisto!  Antigua was pretty cool. All the Americans there are hippies and aren't friendly  I got everyone some tiny bags made out of corte (authentic Guatemalan material). I definitely found some pretty great things for you guys. I'm not going to lie, though, I had an anxiety attack because I didn't know what you guys would want. Nonetheless, I was comforted knowing one day you guys will come with me to Guatemala, and we'll be able to go and look throughout all of Antigua together. I did the conversions and everything here is dirt cheap. You guys will like what I got you. I didn't buy you or R. big purses because women go through purses like clothes.....You'll like what I got for you guys.

Well it's pretty much set that I'm going to Mision Sur. Elder D. left last night for Bolivia. Now I've got Elder A. He's from the Capitol. Really good guy. Sadly, he's also waiting for his visa to go to Venezuela. For as much time as he's waited, it's very likely that he'll be leaving soon. I'm positive I'm going to Mision Sur. It's alright, though. 

Hey we've got 2 baptisms this Sunday! (T. and G.). T. is 89 years old. G. is his SON....lol just had to clarify that. They have been 2 of the biggest miracles in my mission. Elder D. and I were walking down the street, and I saw T. outside just sitting there enjoying the sunlight. We contacted him and asked if we could share a message with  him. He let us into his house, and there we met his son, G. G. had been praying that God would show him where the true church was. He had always seen the missionaries pass by. He wanted to talk with them but never was able to. He said when we came in he felt such great joy. He felt something special. We taught him the restoration, and left him with the commitment to read the restoration pamphlet and to pray. We also invited him to get baptized and said that he would do it without a doubt if he knew these things were true. He prayed that night, asked if this was the true church, and later on had a dream. He said that his sister who died hace años appeared to him clothed in white. He told her of his desire to know if it was true and that he wanted to be baptized. She told him to go and follow this church and be baptized. He truly followed his answer and has come to church with us that past 2 weeks with his dad. As if none of those things are a surprise, we left him an invitation to read the Book of Mormon a little under 2 weeks ago. As of yesterday, he has read all the way to Alma 1! What a champion! It's been such a blessing to be able to teach them. God truly does answer prayers. When I got to the area, we had nobody. Now, we're finding people who are positive. Our area is really tiny. Nonetheless, God's been merciful unto us and has given us people to teach. Now we just need to do everything in out power and depend on God to help these people take the celestial steps.

I'm so glad to hear about J's  success in baseball. That's so crazy he's hitting home runs! No one hit's home runs in little league! So glad to hear that he's developing his talents. You can tell him that I'm jealous of him lol. What are his plans for the summer?

Well I've gotta return email. I love you guys and I hope the best for you. Anyone who wants to write is more that welcome. If there's anyone i should email let me know. 

I love you guys a ton. Thanks for all the sacrifices that you have made for me. Know that they have been worth everything and more. 

Con amor eterno,
Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment