Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Saturday, November 23, 2013

This and that

Hey mom!
 
Well E. is going to be baptized this Saturday! So glad, he's changed a lot. It's great to see the gospel work in people's lives. I'm super stoked, and hopefully we'll have another one the next weekend!  Please keep praying. 
 
Thanks for contacting the coach! I need to keep my options open. I got the email from the coach and I'll talk with him to see what I could do. Thanks for doing that for me. I can't rule out BYU either, although I'm still kind of weirded out from the last Utah experience we had. No worries. If God wants me to go there, I'll go.
 
I've learned a lot from the scriptures this week. Paul said in 2nd Corinthians that if we sow a little, we'll reap a little. If we sow  , we'll reap a lot! Love it. It can be applied to so many things in our lives. I just want to finish my mission on a good note. We're working hard here and I feel that God is satisfied with what I'm doing. I'm not content with all that I do, but I know that I repent and apply the atonement constantly. I work on being humble and not judging others, and I feel more at peace in my life. I'm so thankful for this time that I have. It's so short, and this won't be my profession when I get home but it's truly the most important thing in the world.
 
I'll definitely pray for the missionaries in the Philippines.
 
Send my love to everyone in the family. Love you so much, Mom! thanks for doing so much for me and for others. You truly are my hero.
 
Con amor eterno,
Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment