Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, January 27, 2014

So long January

Hey mom!

Well the conference was incredible! Elder Cook was so awesome! Elder Soares was there was well. Elder Cook needed a translator so it was a little difficult sometimes to focus, but it was way easier to take notes. He told us that we should look at 3 things in each ward and find how we can grow them. 1. attendance 2. spritutality 3. future missionaries. Man it was awesome. He talked about how, on his mission, He was put in an area and needed to start a branch. He and his companion fasted and prayed that they'd be able to find the leadership of the new branch. They were riding home on their bicycles and felt an impression that they needed to stop and tract. They went and ended up baptizing the branch president, relief society president, and many other leaders in just that street. How amazing! I had a similar experience and was able to baptize a former pastor! I've really been trying to focus more on being guided by the Spirit. Well, I learned a ton from the conference. I don't have time sufficient to tell you everything, but I have notes!

Crazy to hear that it's super cold and crazy in Ohio. I've loved that you'll never be able to expect what happens in Ohio. Being a meteorologist there must be a pain lol. Hope you guys and everyone else can be safe!

The weather here has been super sporadic (spelling?). It's super cold in the morning, super hot in the afternoon, and super cold at night. It's the roller coaster of weather here.

Yesterday I ate something called "ravo". It's cow tail. It was really delicious, but super difficult to eat. Here in guatemala many parts of the cow are eaten. I've eaten cow tongue, stomach, liver. I've eaten a matriz de pollo (female part of chicken). All of which were quite delicious. 

I'm super stoked to do family history work with you guys.

Love you guys!

Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment