Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, January 20, 2014

Goals - Key to progression

Hey mom!

Well this was a super difficult week. We found a lot of people, though. It's just that I've never had a point in my mission like this where we haven't been able to find a lot of people to teach. IT's all good, though. Great trials bring great blessings. Well I've got 2 changes left. My companion goes home tomorrow. I'll be getting a new companion. It very well may be my last companion. I feel like I'm on a super high point, though. President taught us about the importance of learning and studying the first principles and ordinances of the gospel. It's helped me out so much to put in perspective the commandments and points of doctrine. I feel like I've been learning a ton. I'm almost done with the New Testament! I'll be starting Revelations this week. I'm now on Alma 40. hopefully I'll be able to finish the BOM before the end of the mission. That'll be my 4th read though. Twice in English and twice in Spanish. I love the scriptures. I loved the goal to become an expert from Pres. Uchtdorf. I feel like I've been learning a lot from the scriptures lately. They just open up the windows of revelation. I have to take advantage of the study time that I have here because I totally won't have 3 hours everyday to study. tengo que aprovechar!

Goals are so important. I've been trying to so hard to dial in on the goals. One of the reasons why this mission doesn't baptize a lot is that no one knows how to set goals. I want to be example. I have 2 big ones before the end of my mission. 1. I want to have at least 1 Sunday where we have 20 investigators in church. 2. have 20 baptisms in the zone in March. Before we got sent to Mision Sur, Elder Duncan from the 70 taught us about the way to have more success in our missions and in life. You have to have a vision, goals and plans. You have to write down your goals. ( Harvard studies show that you have 10x more success when you write your goals down.) I'm glad you wrote me about goal setting. I'm going to work on that this week. 

Well I've been a zone leader for a change now. It's a challenging experience. Sometime it feels like a babysitting job. I'm super privileged, though, because I get to learn from all of them. It helps out a lot. I can't believe that I only have 3 months left. I just want to go out with a bang. Just really help out this ward. It's got so much potential. Well tomorrow will be a crazy day. Changes are always so crazy and nerve wracking. WHO WILL BE MY NEXT COMPANION??????? that's probably the biggest question that's on my mind. 

Well, you'll have many details next week. It'll be an exciting new chapter in the story of the mission of Elder Samuel Forrest Butler. Love you guys!

Con Amor Eterno,
Elder Butler

P.S. Thanks for the application stuff. Coach said that I would have to come do a visit so he could see what position I would have to play. It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment