Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

End of 2013

Hey mom!

Well this was a fun Christmas. We didn't see as much of the fireworks as we would've liked. Guatemala is a very mountainous place. The capital has lots of valleys and  Zona 21 isn't a very high point. The fireworks I saw in Palin last year were way better. It's all good though. We ate some reallly good turkey and tamales. They gave us so many tamales! It was a genuine Christmas, though. I'm gona miss all the Guatemalan traditions. We will just have to use them at home.

I don't need any clothes at all. I will probably leave all my clothes here when I go home. No worries. I'm good to go. 

We loved all the stuff from the packages. The protein bars are delicious. No worries. The hygiene products were of high need. We loved everything. Thanks for everything!

I can't believe you guys didn't take any pictures!!!!!!!!! Well, the ward didn't do anything. Normally, they have a convivio. It's like a dinner and a dance. It's usually super fun and lively and all that stuff but we didn't have one this year.

I feel really focused on the task at hand. I've only got a few months left to go out and do what God wants me to do. We're really struggling in our area. We have nobody to teach right now. Members have to help out now. God changed the rules of missionary work. You can't go out and knock a ton of doors and have a ton of baptisms. We need to have members helping us now. We're going to start teaching and training members to know how to share the gospel.

Well we've got changes next week. This is the week where missionaries think a ton about who their next companion will be. Everything will be fine though. 

Well thanks for everything! you guys are so awesome. Love you guys with all my heart! Happy New Year!

Con Amor Eterno, 
Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment