Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weather's fine


Well, we had a baptism last week!  I remembered how in the scriptures how it says how great your joy will be if you can just bring one soul unto repentance and baptism and it's true.  

I can't believe it's already snowing in Ohio! that's just crazy. Ohio's always going to be really random with the weather. The weather here is perfect. Not too hot, and it only rains once or twice a week. There's two sets of Elders here in Palin. The other pair run the other side of town that heads in to Escuintla, and we take everything else. My zone leader from Escuintla is the district leader here. Elder V. is awesome! I had divisions with him a couple times and I learned a lot. He's probably going to train a new Elder the next change to end his mission here. His companion, Elder H., is awesome! He's got 1 change less than me, and he's speaks good Spanish. He's had a ton of baptisms and he's only been in the mission for a little bit. I've learned a lot from him about the simplicity of the gospel, and the importance of diligence. We've got a strong ward here. The bishop is a good guy, and our ward mission leader helps us at the drop of a hat.

I don't know if i told you or not, but they're opening a new stake this week. Estaca Frutal. It's going to be crazy, and I'm pretty sure we're going to be opening a lot of new areas. I'm almost positive we'll be receiving a lot of new missionaries too. This mission just keeps getting better and better. It's great to see and hear how good of a job Pres. B. has done, and continues to do here in the mission. 

How's W. liking his new life in Utah? Does he like actually doing PT work?! How's Reilly doing? Is her health getting better? How's work and school going? 
What's John been up to? Does he like the 6th grade? Is he playing basketball yet? 

Hey, I hate to bring this up but there are some things I forgot to ask for......my wind up alarm clock broke, and I've been using my watch, which isn't exactly the loudest thing in the world. I haven't seen any in the stores here, so if you could send a cheap one it would be great. I would also love to have a family calender for the next year! I would love to have all of you guys in the calender!

Thanks for sending all of the paperwork to renew my license. I got the forwarded email from the office with the copy of my social security card. Once it gets here I'll get right on it! thank you so much for doing that. Tell the rest of the family i'm sorry for not sending emails. It's just a little difficult to keep all my thoughts together. I told Will last week (in spanish...hehehehe) that really, there's SO MUCH that i want to tell you guys about Guatemala, but the problem is i just don't have time and I don't know where to start. I'll try sending some letters home, and we'll have plenty of time to catch up in 17 months! i can't believe that this month we'll be starting November. My English is getting worse and my Spanish is getting better, still loving every minute of what I do here, and learning more and more every day about my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Love you guys with all my heart, and i know without a doubt that we're going to be together forever. Dios les bendiga!

Con Amor Eterno,
Elder Butler 

No comments:

Post a Comment