Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Shaking up the work

Hey Hey Hey,

I imagine you're all wondering what's going on with the earthquake. I was studying my scriptures, when all of the sudden the room started to shake! it only lasted for about 10 seconds, but it was nuts! It's sad that the people died, but if they haven't heard the gospel yet, que suerte tienen ellos.

Well my hair's steadily coming back. My scalp got burnt really bad the first 2 days but now it's fine lol.

As for transfers, I'm staying and Elder Sanchez is leaving. I have an interview tomorrow, which means i'm going to be Sr. Companion! I never thought i would be progressing that quick, but i know i've got work to do. I've only been able to help 4 people make covenants with God during my first months here, but i think it's time to change that. This area has been blessed tremendously, and i'm ready to get to work.

At the end of the changes, we always have time to reflect on how the past 6 weeks have gone. As i've been reflecting on it, I realized that i lost sight of my goals. To be honest, i really didn't focus on any of my goals. This next change, I have to set goals for myself and for our companionship, or we simply just won't progress.

All we have to do as saints, is continue to be active in our communities, and remember the sacred covenants that we made. You sure are right about the blessing it is to have prophets and apostles on the earth again. These happenings just aren't mere coincidences, and we know why. It's important for us to be prepared and serve others. 

We had a stake mission work meeting Sunday. It was really great. President B  was there, and we really learned about the importance of having the members in the work. Did you know that they just made it a rule in Mexico that the elders can't contact or knock doors?  President told us that we have to have more lessons in the houses of members, and he gave us a challenge to have 1 every day. Challenge accepted. But you could really feel the Spirit during the meeting. I received some important promptings about how we can have the work progress in our area. I just hope we can do better this change.

Glad to here everyone is doing well. I'm so glad you guys get to hear from Russell M. Nelson. I really hope you guys get a lot of spiritual strength from the conference. Make sure you discuss as a family what you learned. I've been reading in Mosiah lately the King Benjamin chapters are powerful. There's so many plain and precious truths in those chapters. You just can't deny the Book or Mormon. 

Thanks for helping me with the drivers license documents. I scheduled a visit with the optometrist here, and he speaks English. It's gonna be 400q, or around 50 bucks. I already took the money out to be ready, but i'm running low right now. Just a heads up. Sorry, I hate talking about money on the mission.

Love you guys with all my heart. i hope you guys enjoy stake conference. Keep doing the simple things as a family, and i can promise you that many blessing will come. Love you guys, and i pray for you everyday. Hasta luego!

Con Amor Eterno, 
Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment