Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, July 8, 2013

Hard work in the South Mission

Hey mom!

We definitely had a tough week. We couldn't find anybody to teach, and to top everything off, there was a shooting outside of a neighborhood we were teaching in last night. It was just two houses down. Super crazy. Everyone's fine though. It was pretty loco. I'll definitely tell you about it when I get home. 

Hey, in two weeks I'll have 15 months in the mission! wow time is just flying by. Just trying to do the best the we can. 

Well President Stay is a nice guy. Way more relaxed then President Brough, but they're great people. I'm looking forward to learning more from him. It'll be a good opportunity to apply what I've learned from Pres. Brough and learn new things from Pres. Stay. This truly is a great blessing.

I noticed something interesting in my personal study this week. One of the first things that Ammon taught to Lamoni was about apostasy. Guatemala is a very traditional society. Lot's of people are only motivated to do certain things because of tradition, whether it be right or wrong. I think that's something that we need to explain to everyone here. Ammon was able to successfully teach it, and they were able to convert the entire pueblo. I hope that I'll be able to learn how to effectively teach that concept throughout my mission.

Hey i just realized something, my debit card expires at the end of august. Not a terribly large problem. Maybe you could forward me an application to fill out another one, or could fill it out for me or something like that. Nonetheless, I don't know how to go about that, not a big deal.

I'm sorry that I'm lame and haven't been able to send a lot of emails to people. I'll try to email  soon. Glad you enjoyed your time with Anita! She's awesome. She told me that she's planning to retire in 4 years! wow! Hey next time you go to Jungle Jim's, see if they've got things from Guatemala. I'll have to find a place where I can buy some of the exported snacks when I get home.

Elder B. is awesome. He's learning Spanish so quickly. He'll be speaking it fluently by the time he's done with his training. But anyways, it's always a challenge to train, but it's way better training a brand new missionary than continuing training. It's a great opportunity to be his companion and trainer. 

I know you'll do better in whatever calling you have! Es bien pilas usted!

Do you guys have any special plans for the summer! oh, how was the 4th!?

Well I love you guys a lot! Hope everything goes well. Pray that we'll be able to find new people to teach this week! Love you guys!

Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment