Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, July 29, 2013

News from Nimajuyu

Hey mom!

I got the birthday package! I loved it! thanks for everything. We ate a lot of the stuff with the zone leaders. Elder G. freaked out when he ate the sour patch kids! hahahahahaha Loved all of it! thanks you so much!

Hey I think it would be good to put a little money in my account, just in case the new card takes a while to get here. We get wayyyyyyyyy less money than we did in Central. No worries though.

Wow, you had a quite a temple week. I can't wait to go back. I like to reflect on the sessions and just the great feeling there. The work really is speeding up. I love hearing that term. It brings such a great sense that our hope really isn't in vain. I know that this is the work of the Lord. Elder B. and I learned a lot this week about hope. We just needed to endure and actively wait. We're starting to see some fruits of our labors now.

We had a baptism! J. is way awesome. She truly is wonderful. She got baptized in 3 weeks. She immediately received a testimony about the Book of Mormon and was baptized, even in the face of opposition from her family. I'm super honored that God used us to help bring her the news of the restored gospel.

So is it still super hot? We're starting to have a heat wave here. I'm fine with it. The heat helped me lose close to 40 pounds in the coast! Even though I have lost a lot of weight, I'm still not where I'd like to be. I  sat down and made a list of exercises and a mini diet plan. Please pray that I'll be able to lose more weight!

I've started to study about Christlike attributes more. I've realized  I've just been so focused with finding the most effective way to work that I forget how important it is to be a Christ-like person. Like I said earlier, we've been learning a lot about hope. I read a ton of great scriptures about hope that have helped me put in perspective everything that Pres. B.taught us. He talked so much about hope and suffering, and they just go hand in hand. I really do miss him, but I know that I'll honor him and God through diligent work here.

It just hit how little time I have left. I'll only have 4 changes left after this change! I've got to do the best I can.

Well I love you guys a ton. Thanks for everything that you've done for me! I am super grateful for all of your sacrficies! know that hthey haven't been in vain!

LOVE YOU GUYS

Elder Butler


No comments:

Post a Comment