Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Friday, July 13, 2012

Life in Guatemala

Hola Madre!

I'm so sorry for the short emails. you're always the last person i email because i save the best for last, but by the time i check the clock it's almost time to go! No mas! voy a enviar su correro primer siempre! PLEASE have all those that i email forward them to each other. President Brough has us email for one hour so we don't use excessive amounts of time on the computer on p-day. I WANT TO WRITE SO MUCH MORE!!!! i simply just don't have a lot of time.

Some cool things i think you would like to hear

1. Samuel The Lamanite! that should be the name of my blog.. Whenever we have to go to the Capital one elder stands at the front and shouts above the noise of the crowd proclaiming the gospel. I absolutely love doing it. yo literalmente siento como un profeta antigua, como Samuel La Lamanita!

2. I saw a Downs person on the bus the other day! I couldn't really talk to him, but it was cool to see one of my buddies here in the land of chapins.

3. Funny story from the CCM. My companion and I were looking in the dictionary for the word try and found "probar". The next day, some merchants came to the CCM to sell various things. I started a conversation with one of the vendors (served her mission in Miami so her english is really good). I then proceeded to try and tell her in espanol "i will try to speak spanish". Instead, i said "yo robar..." and she immediately flipped out. I then figured out later that robar means to steal. Lesson learned, DON'T SAY ROBAR IN A MARCADO!

I need a new picture of dad. We had a really bad storm that blew open the door next to my desk. the picture flew off my desk and into some rain water. i can still see dad in it but it's really faded. if you just email it I think i'm going to buy a flashdrive. ill put the file on the flashdrive and take it to the photo developer in Puerto.


My BoM story of the week is in 3 Nephi 19:3 where it talks about how Jesus left the Nephites, but promised to return on the morrow. All the Nephites prepared through the night and worked super dilligently so they could see the Savior the next day. I like to think of that as preparation for the Sabbath. Given, we don't see Christ, but we can most certainly feel His presence on the Sabbath. It's a great scripture to apply for everyone, member or not, to simply put more preparation for the day we meet to feel our Savior's Love.

I
Con Amor Eterno,
Elder Samuel Forrest Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment