Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Musings from the mission field

Buenas! (That's the greeting here lol, too lazy to put the other exclamation point)

Last night was rough. We left the apartment late because we slept late. I woke up at 4:55 and my comp woke up at 5. We left at 520. I felt so sad that iI broke a rule, and truly wanted to repent. I'm praying, repenting, and trying to change everyday. Isn't that what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is about? True change. I'm trying SO HARD to change our methods and how we can work better.

I ran so i could get to the apartment on time and obey. My comp walked and said it was dangerous to run in the rain, even though we've done it before. We can't afford to be disobedient. We forfeit too many blessings through it. I want every family and person in Guatemala to experience the same blessings we've had.

It's important to ALWAYS have an attitude of WE'RE GOING TO SUCCEED, and if you don't, you go back to the drawing board, and like Will's saying was when he got back from the mission JUST DO IT. I've quit making excuses and just changed my outlook on the mission. I really hope i stay in this area for the next exchange because i can't hang my hat at the end of this exchange and feel like we got some work done.

Oh well. i'm going to do better. i'm going to overcome this hurdle. I'm not going to let my challenges affect me, but i'm going to affect my challenges and overcome them. Todo alma, mente, fuerza, y corazon.

Favorite scripture i read this week was i Ether 6:3. It's so simple. It talks about the stones the brother of Jared had the Lord touch, and how the Jaredites were able to cross the sea in light, not darkness because they had the stones. What a great scripture we can apply to our lives! How many "bright stones" do we have to lead us through the darkness of this life? Ay! tenemos muchos para ayudarnos en este vida! Tan grande, bastante! I'm glad to hear you guys are reading as a family. Small and simple things bring to pass many great things!

I'm glad you were able to grow some corn. Trust me, i pray for you and the garden everyday because I know how important it is to you. You have to power to overcome every obstabcle in your life because you're a faithful saint who honors her covenants.

Love you mom. I'm always remembering things you've taught me. I'm so blessed to have you as a mom. Siempre le amo!

Con Amor Eterno,
Elder Bootler (that's how people pronounce my name here lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment