Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The work goes on


Hey mom!

Como esta? que piense usted sobre los mormones? Usted seguirá el ejemplo de Jesucristo y ser bautizado este 1 de Septiembre? hahaha lo siento, aveces me orbido cómo a hablar Ingles y cosas no son sobre la obra misional lol

Hey how's the garden? i prayed everyday that the plants would be ok. Anything else new? I can't believe it's already been 4 months for me. It feels like yesterday i was stepping on the plane. I love what i'm doing so much. Even the rough days are a blessing. Sometimes i have to figure out the disguise of my blessings, but many it's great to be a missionary. 

 We had divisions with the zone leaders last week and i learned a lot from Elder Varela. We're both a lot a like. We're older missionaries who had to learn a little later than most the importance of the gospel. We're both jokesters but teach and talk relatively the same. I really learned from him that we need to just need to be excited about the work. 

The best thing i learned this week, and maybe during the mission so far, is that a lot of times we forget the element of charity. Moroni 7 is incredible. I've had a ton of faith and hope during the mission, but i really lacked charity, whether it was the same drunk guy we talked to every night or my companion. I feel the Spirit guiding me more ever since i started focusing in adding the aspect of charity in my life. I love the time that we have to study. I realized how much of a blessing it is to have that time. A lot of people look at a mission as time lost or wasted. How many people can study the Gospel  for 3 to 4 hours everyday, then afterwards go out and preach it to help out their fellow brethern? it truly is a blessing to be in the service of the Lord. Hey can you put up my testimony of the BOM on the blog? I would love it if you could do that.

As for packages, we get to pick them up every Reunion de Cambios, at least for our area. We live super far away from the mission office. It's just super inconvenient for them to send packages down to our area. 

Hey how's Anita and the clients? Summer trips should be wrapping up soon. Hope they went well. I think about them all the time and the important life lessons they've taught me (the people I worked with).
.
So have you wondered what the music is like down here? i've got some songs for you to youtube lol look up "hasta gue salgo el sol" by don omar. I hear it everday in the taxi's and buses lol 

Hey one other thing. We have interviews with President Brough next week, so we're probably going to email Wednesday.

Sorry if my emails lack content or feeling, I've just become accustomed to listening to other people and i just want to hear about how everyone is doing. 

I'm really grateful for all your prayers. I want you to know i'm working super hard and i'm going to keep helping the people of Guatemala. Love you lots mom. You truly are like one of the mothers of the Soidiers of Helaman. I know that doesn't sound too smooth, but i hope you feel the heartfelt gratitude i have for you and the things you've taught me.  Te amo con mi todo corazon mama! tambien por la familia! Somos juntos eterno!

Con Amor Eterno, 
Elder Bootler

No comments:

Post a Comment