Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Thursday, August 16, 2012

News from Puerta

I've been praying super hard for you guys. John's going to be in 6th grade, and you've got school starting! I pray that you'll be able to keep up with the everyday grind. se que el senor les bendicirĂ  a ustedes con la fuerza para vencer todos!

Interviews went well with Pres. He's really pleased with my progress, and he told my companion my Spanish is really good. I told him about my goals to help us reach 300 bautismos and he was glad to hear my goal. The spirit's been putting in my mind the number 7. I really want to do my part and more.

I think I'm staying in Puerta. We find out Monday, but it's highly probable my comp's leaving. we'll see.

The past week numbers- wise wasn't great, but we've got new investigators attending church. Vamos a bautizarse!

Mi espanol is getting better and better everyday, but I can't settle. I have to study more and learn more so I can be a better teacher and respect this gift God has given me.

So we encountered gigantic spiders last week. I'll send pics next week! 
 
Got the packages! Thanks for all. I'm glad you sent the peanut butter because my comp likes it a lot! Nothing was stolen. I love the pic that you sent me! It helps me stay motivated when I'm feeling down, along with our family pic.

Gospel wise, I started the BOM again. I love the examples of Lehi in the beginning. His obedience to the revelation God sent him is perfect for our time. If he would've ignored it, literal captivity and death. He followed it, and received life and freedom, temporally and spiritually. The same applies for our lives. If we ignore revelation, it leads to spiritual captivity. If we follow revelation, it leads to spirtual and temporal freedom. Pretty general thing, there's more I could type, but i feel that point is so crucial for us to understand.

I'm really working hard to prepare for September (and for the rest of my mission).
 
1. I will accomplish all my righteous goals. 7 baptisms for my next area or Puerta is a righteous desire, and I know most of what I need to do to accomplish it. I'm willing to heed the guidance from the Spirit to better myself to be a better missionary also.

2. I want to persuade many people of the truthfulness of the restored Gospel. Simple, but bien claro that i will help lots of people.

Hopefully more funny experiences or crazy things will happen to spice up my emails a little more lol Love you guys with all my heart. You guys are a huge motivation for me to succeed and help the people of Guatemala. Love you guys!

Con Amor,
Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment