Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to the City

Hola Madre! no se precupe. Aveces, nos orbidamos muchas cosas, gracias a nuestras vida y la multitud de las cosas tenemos que hacer cada dia. Sin embargo, recuerdase que Dios es siempre primero! Ok i'm done writing in Espanol. lol 

Well I'm in the capital now, Zona Mariscal. My area's called Peronia. A lot different from Puerta de Hierro. My companion is Elder Carrillo, de Nicaragua. He's awesome! The thing i like about him the most is that he tries to be a friend with every one here. The area is really different geographically. It¡s literally built into the side of a mountain (actually a lot of Guatemala is built into the mountains) but literally everywhere we go has super steep inclines. Don¡t worry, i'm stretching and eating plenty of frijoles for my muscles to recover. But i like it here. The members are great, and the ward mission leader helps us teach everyday. 

I'm really progressing spiritually. I've really been focusing on repentance a lot, and how i can improve everyday. The power of deliverance through the Atonement of Jesus Christ is amazing! there's still so much i have to learn, but i'm enjoying every minute of it. I started reading Jesus the Christ. So powerful.

Thanks for everything mom. All the lessons you've taught me, big and small, are being applied here in the mission.I'm being obedient and trying everyday to help someone out. You sure are right about teaching by the Spirit. That's been one of my focuses, and i'm starting to see the fruits of my labors. This time I have to serve truly is a blessing.

The mission has helped me refine myself, and I couldn¡t have done ANY OF IT without Bishop W. I know that he won't be brought down by any trial or tribulations. He truly is a man of God. 

I'm going to have to send you my testimony next week. We had problems finding internet. Also, I'll send you pictures of me in Puerta de Hierro next week. I'm torn about what scripture i want on my plaque. I can't decide whether i want Alma 29:9 or Moroni 8:16. i'll give my decision next week.

Glad to hear Bethel Football is rolling along. Let me know if anyone¡s gong to Ohio State!  

 Ya you're right, time is flying, at the end of this exchange I'll have 6 months! yikes. Time flies when you're lost in the service of the Lord.

Cool fact i learned about humility. in the vision of the tree of life, there's one big difference between the first group of people who took the fruit, then left, and the second group. What's the difference? The second group literally fell down and worshiped (sorry can't quote it correctly). But isn't that true? The whole Book of Mormon is a testimony of what happens when the people take the fruit, but don't humble themselves before God. Spiritual thought of the week, and just another reason why i absolutely love the Book of Mormon.

Well time's winding down and I still have to send emails to W and R! Love you mom with all my heart. I really do mean that. I truly do pray for you everyday. Know that you will always be in my heart. Love you mom. I know Dad's proud of all of us. Rejoice in the Lord and His everlasting love, and how through him we'll always be together!

Con Amor Eterno, 
Elder Butler

pss took money out this week. Don't worry.

psss. the cable is wrong the right one should be in the box to my camera

pssss. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment