Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Aloha


Que tal? Como esta su vierno?  Que paso con Reillypalooza???? Does it kick off this week? Have fun in Idaho this week! I always loved out trips to visit the Brimhalls and the Astlunds. Gail told me about how her trip with Shannon and Linda went well. i still have to email her back...grrrrr...Managing my time while emailing is dificult, but this week we're emailing in a nice internet cafe in the mall. Much better than in Puerto, so all my emails can be dispersed in a nice, orderly fashion. Well it's chiqote (chastizing) time. You have to read your scriptures. No ifs ands or buts. Scripture study helps us in so many ways. Look how it helped Joseph Smith, where would we be without his great example of searching the scriptures. But I know that you're a diligent person, just make sure you read EVERYDAY, even if it's only 1 verse!

Well that stinks about your iphone. I could send you one from here lol but  they're actually more expensive. 
The Lord blesses us for allllll of our righteous desires, but sometimes it's in his way. Look for the tender mercies in your life. I know you'll be able to be more diligent and focus more if you read your scriptures. Every building has to have a strong foundation, scriptures, prayers, testimonies, and covenants are what should make up every strong foundation. Remember, the wise man built his house upon the rock.

Well i'm being transfered. Mixed Emotions. I really love the people here, so i feel it's natural to be a little sad to leave, but at the same time i think it's a sign i'm doing what i'm supposed to. To be a good missionary you have to love the people. The members are geniuinely great people and they treat each other like family. The environment is literally like a family of God. But i'm saying my goodbyes today, and moving on tomorrow. I wrote my name on the pole of missionaries at the house of the Perez Family, which means i have to return someday, so plan on a return trip to Guatemala in the future! Can't help but have a little regret because my Spanish wasn't up to par, so i feel like i could've had better relationships with them, but i know ill be fine. They love me, and i love them. I'm stoked to move on though. I'll find out tomorrow where i'm going, and I'm ready to start helping my fellow bretheren and sisters.   
My studies have been focused on studying better lplus a lot of focus has been put into the Savior, his life and teachings, and how i can do better personally to honor Him, and follow His example. Last week was really busy so we didn't have a lot of time to study, but I'm learning more and more every week, and i have a genuine desire to learn more and more. I often find myself sad at the end of study time because i just want to learn more and more.

So anything significant going on in the world? Guatemala is Guatemala and I had bubblegum flavored soda this week. Unbelievable. Guatemala has much better soda than the states.

My emails are boring sorry about that. Do you have the emails of Elder Bennett and Laret? if i send you an email for them could you forward it for me? Mom hasn't emailed me. I know will's busy so i don't mind, but a little concerned. I know she's at work right now. Just make sure you forward this to her.

Hope you like the pictures! Giant spiders and cockroaches! The picture with Elder L and I is with Hno. Mario Perez. His family is super strong in the church. He's the guy that I promised to come back and visit. More pics to follow, and ill try to get some funny ones. I just don't carry my camera with me much bc we don't have time to stop and take pictures much, lot's of work! But i'll actively search for funny things to photograph lol

Well i love ya with all my heart. I'm praying for you and the rest of the family everyday. I know that in no time we'll be chilling in the front room sharing stories of the past two years. I'm close to 5 months in the mission,  Almost a quarter of the way through my mission....yikes! where is the time going!?!?!?!?!?!?! Love ya sis, Cuidase!

Con Amor Eterno,



  

No comments:

Post a Comment