Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Conferences and more


Buen dia-
Como esta mi moma querida? Sorry to hear the dreary winter has set in. Sorry that everyday I leave to work with a nice, big, beautiful blue sky. You can see volcanoes in the distance. It's just incredible here. Although, I can't lie, I miss a little bit of snow and having to heat the car up lol. Well, Thursday we get to see D. Todd Christopherson. I'm so excited! I'll be able to understand every word he says because he has to use a translator! WINNING.

Well the lesson I learned this week was following God with a ¨full purpose of heart¨. I bumped up my work ethic and fasted twice to have the Spirit with me more. I really felt it a lot. My testimony of fasting has grown so much in the mission. My first week in Puerta de Hierro I wanted to die. The thirst I had was horrible. It was like going through 2-a-days and soccer conditioning at the same time and not drinking water. Some days later, I read the Sermon on the Mount and Jesus's teachings about fasting have stuck with me. Ever since then, my fast Sunday's have been done without complaining how hungry or thirsty I am. Rather, I focused and spiritual things and gave thanks that I was able to fast. I know we gain spiritual strength from fasting.

Glad to hear Bro. B. is doing better. I prayed for him a lot!

Hey before you send the package I need some things.

1. Zebra Pens! I gave some to people I've met and one of my comps threw mine in the road and it got run over by a semi.
2. I have an Adidas duffle bag that I used to use to go to the gym. If you could send that it would be great. When we have divisons I never have room in my backpack to fit everything.
3. If you can send my Nike hoodie it would be great. As well. I know there are weight restrictions so if you can't send any of those things no worries.

We have zone conference the 29th, so I'll be able to see if i got my license. Thanks for all your support. I'm going to be more like an old time missionary and send some letters home to you guys! Prepare to read even more of my horrible English! You can give it to Mrs. South to edit lol!

The analogy about cell phones and the Spirit was great! I love it when we receive insight about the world around us. I'm trying to learn more and more everyday and  to see life in a symbolic, spiritual way.

Please pray that our friends will be able to come to stake conference! I know everything is possible if we take the chance, especially with faith in Jesus Christ.I know miracles are possible through Him because He performed the biggest one of all.

Man, I just feel like such a different person. Thank you so much for all the support that you gave me to come on a mission. This week I'll complete 9 months in the mission. CRAZY! I love every moment. I feel like I'm truly living up to my full potential here, and that I'm paying back what I can to you guys and to the Savior for what He's done for me.

Love you guys so much! Just 15 more months and I'll be back to bother you guys even more! Nah, bromas. Solo quiero decirles que les ame con toda mi corazon. Ustedes son un bendicion tan grande en mi vida, y puedo sentir el poder de sus oraciones cada dia. Yo se que Dad esta bien feliz, y que vamos a vivir juntos para siempre si vivimos el evangelio. Les amo!

Con Amor Eterno,
Elder Butler



No comments:

Post a Comment