Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Eve

Hola! 

Well i got a new comp last week. His name's Elder M. He's from Lima, Peru. Interesting fellow. Doesn't talk a whole lot. He's a good guy.

Ya the kidnapping was crazy. Hermana T. is a Chicana (person from the US with Hispanic roots and speaks Spanish . We haven't heard any details about the kidnapping, just that she's alright. She's a trooper. All the members were flipping out and asking if we had to go home early or not. We all fasted and prayed as a mission. The next day she was found. Really show's the power of faith on an individual level and as a mission.

I need to follow the example of Nephi. When he received the instructions from the Lord to build a ship, he didn't complain or make excuses or say holy cow that's crazy. All he asked was, "where do i go to make tools?" Man i need to be more like that. I really just have to take the lemons and make Dr. Pepper. There's so many things i can do better. Humility is somethings that's always been difficult for me. I hope that as i go throughout my mission i can truly turn my weaknesses into strengths. I read my blessing the other day, and it says that i will be a kind and loving father. I think right now I'm someone who doesn't fit those categories, but i know that the Refiner's fire is the best method for any person to truly become a better servant and human being.

Well Christmas here is way different. No one celebrates. It's not because of poverty. It's because the whole country has been brainwashed  into thinking that God is a secondhand thing. Tomorrow is our P day.  Looking forward to a nice quiet day. 

Well love you guys and can't wait to talk with you all tomorrow. Remember. I'll only have 40 minutes to talk, so be orderly and don't fight or anything over the phone. Love you all con todo mi corazon.

Con Amor Eterno, 
Elder Butler

ps digale a J que quiero ir a costa rica porque toda la gente que conozco yo de alla son pilas.

No comments:

Post a Comment