Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.
Matthew 28:19-20

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year

Hey Mom!

Man, the phone call was way shorter than i thought. The time just absolutely flew. It's alright though because May will be here before i know it. Time just doesn't exist here in the mission. All i know is that it was great to hear you guys. Definitely was a booster for me. You still have to tell me what everyone got for Christmas!

New Years eve/day was/is just fireworks. Guatemaltecos son bien increativas en sus maneras para celebrarse. I don't think they celebrate 3 Kings Day here. If something happens I will let you know. I don't know if you saw it or not, but in the picture I sent of Elder R  and I at the temple, there was a nativity in the background. The church was probably the only place were I felt the Christmas Spirit. Hopefully next year will be better. 

Well it's a New Year! What are your resolutions? I've decided that i want to lose another 30 pounds. And I want to read all of Doctrine and Covenants before summer starts.

The weather here is really different. Guatemala is a country that has a lot of different types of weather. Cold in the mountains, kind of cold in the Capitol, and hot in the coast. 

Thanks for the money! I absolutely love all the gifts, especially the folk songs from the MOTAB.

Will already told me about his car. Glad everything is good to go. 

Tell everyone I said "Feliz Año Nuevo!" Please pray for us that we can have our investigators come to church this week! Love you guys with all my heart. 

Elder Samuel Forrest Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment